Banners & Signs
Banners are held at the Airman’s Run. Our Facebook photo albums have many great examples of banners. Banners A-G. Banners R-Z.
www.buildasign.com/troops is one company that a lot of people use and we recommend. You can choose to make either a FREE banner or FREE jumbo card, you just pay for shipping. Please make sure you go to this website: www.buildasign.com/troops – including the /troops otherwise you’ll be on the regular site with the regular charges.
When ordering they recommend that you order at least one month in advance. Closer to grad date (or date needed) the more expensive it is to ship.
Get 10% off ANYTHING on the BuildASign site by using the code 10WINGMOM at checkout. Offer expires 12/31/16.
You can add both grommets and hemming for a onetime charge. This is recommended for hanging later.
A banner needs at least 2 people to hold. The two most common sizes are 2×4 and 3×6.
The jumbo card is made of hard plastic and DOES NOT fold, so you’ll need to have a suitcase large enough to pack it flat. It’s 18″x24″.
When searching/googling an image look for one at least 72dpi.
Contact Information for www.buildasign.com/troops:
Toll Free: 1-800-330-9622, Local: 512-374-9850, Fax: 1-866-807-5867
Hours: Monday-Friday: 7:00am – 9:00pm (CST), Saturday: 10:00am – 5:00pm (CST)
Mailing Address: 11525B Stonehollow Dr., Suite 220, Austin, TX 78758, email@example.com
BuildASign has a facebook page so stop by and share some of your WingSpirit and let them know you’re from AFWM!
Tips/Hints/Advice from our members:
- Make a homemade banner.
- Purchase it without the TRS/FLT so that you can use it at other events and in case it changes..
- Don’t date the banner just in case something happens. You can always add a date with a black marker or with peel and stick numbers later if you’d like.
- The banner can be used while you record a message for the Graduation Video also. They make an announcement about recording messages and it’s great to see families holding their banners while recording their well wishes.
- Most people put AMN on their banner as it is an appropriate title for anyone in the AF.
- Most use the banner at the Airman’s Run. Be cautious about using it at the Coin Ceremony or the Graduation as you will be sitting in bleachers and you don’t want to block anyone’s view of the ceremonies.
- Keep the banner simple. Too much on the banner will be harder to read when they are running by.
- When searching/googling an image look for one at least 72dpi.
- Do NOT tie your banner onto railings, etc at the ceremonies. They should only be handheld. Lackland AFB is not responsible for banners that are left for any reason or length of time.
- And last but not least…. We really, really encourage you to have a banner signing party when you get your banner. Gather friends, family, neighbors etc. and buy a bunch of sharpie markers and some pizza and have fun writing well wishes on the back of your banner!!
FYI: When making banners for your own use you may use the AF logo/symbol. When making them for resale you are not allowed to use the AF logo/symbol. Here’s the link to the website page that talks about the USE OF THE AF LOGO.